Project: Holly Hill Mansion, Southampton
Client: Landmark Estates
Architect: Hurrell Architects
Duration: 15 months
The works involved the reconfiguration and extension of the property to form 12nr apartments from the current 16-unit layout.
- Major updating was required
- New party wall construction details to high standards
- Fire and acoustic compartmentation details to improve standards
- Old windows were replaced with new to improve heat loss
- Roof was repaired with new soffit and fascia details
- New internal walls and arrangements throughout
- Good standard of specification to meet client’s target market
- Interior design work with client team
- Key cost controlling required to meet funders budgets
As with most developer clients, it is key to maximise value for money. The bathrooms and kitchens were designed to look higher in specification, whilst maintaining a lower costs. Cost controls, cash flows and programming was key to the success of this project.